Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wanted: Spocket

Both me and my good friend Damien have problems with losing things. We're notorious for absent-mindedly setting things down, and so we've discussed multiple times how utilitarian and wonderful it would be to have a pocket in your skin. It could be conveniently placed on the inside of your upper arm, so that things would less likely fall out. Always with you, you'd never lose a thing (like, ahem, one's keys). Patrick recently pointed out that it would probably accumulate a lot of funk, which is certainly a drawback. Think the pocket lint in your rarely-washed sweatpants is bad? Or the lint in your belly button that always has a slightly off odor (but that you still smell every time you pick it out -- you know who you are...)? Despite this, I still stand by the skin pocket (spocket?) I'm tired of losing everything important on my person within minutes of arriving anywhere. And a spocket is a heck of a lot easier than just paying attention.

As you can tell, I've spent my recent days pondering extremely eloquent things. I *do* have a lot to write about concerning leaving for Japan -- two weeks is all I've got left! But seeing as its well after my bedtime, I'm afraid it will have to wait.